Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Great article on BO, check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3201703

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a good article. It points out that we all knew we had a champion with Bo his first time around, even though back then he was an outsider. Just like thousands of Husker fans as soon as I knew Callahan was not coming back, Bo's name came right into my head. He is a natural for what we are all used to from the great days of Husker Football.

I live in Washington state and am married to a Seattle hippie artist who hates football. Beautiful woman, talented, fun to be with...just hates football. Last weekend we met a middle eastern female physician at the local theater. She is involved with a play that is set to start on Super Bowl weekend. Then she admitted to being a cheesehead Packer fan. My wife informed her I was a Husker fan and this woman turned to my wife and said, "Well, the Huskers...that is a whole different thing. That is not just being a fan or even a religion....it is a whole different level." I nearly proposed marriage to this woman. With my wife standing right there. But for once I managed to keep my mouth shut and came away with a wife who now has a better understanding of what happens on Saturdays.
That's a great story! I personally lucked out. My wife was raised by a Husker fan as dedicated as me. She completely understands (or at least accepts) my need to feed my Husker addiction. However, one time she asked me to go to some function or another on a Saturday. Confused as to her even asking, I asked what time it started. It overlapped with the Husker game. After I informed her of this she said to me "The game isn't that important." I didn't even skip a beat, I called her father with her standing in front of me. When he answered I said "Mick, you'd better come get your daughter." He asked as to why. When I told him what she said he appologized and said he thought he raised her better than that, but all sales final! It's still a favorite bonding moment between father-in-law and son-in-law.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service