Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

In the state of Iowa where Iowa and Iowa State rule. I have never liked either one. So I have some some friends Who recruited me to be a husker and omg You would have thought I committed a crime in some of my friends eyes. So I need some support that I did the right thing in choosing Nebraska as a new fan....

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey dude,

You made the right choice in going with the red. Welcome to the club, we got your back.

Chris
Dude! Im here with ya! I grew up in Nebraska, but moved to Iowa in '78. I was taken aback by the never ending question of 'who do you like? Iowa, or Iowa State?' I never knew what to say. And whenever I answered "Im a Cornhusker fan', you'd think I asked them for their kidney! But trust me, there are Husker fans everywhere out here. And there are quite a few bars around DM that show Husker games. One I can think of offhand is "The Chicken Coop". Read the Datebook in the Register on Thursdays. You'll see all sorts of sports bars for Husker fans! And you made the right choice! You will NOT be sorry! Welcome to Big Red Country!!!!
good choice welcome to THE family GO BIG RED
Yes, you made the right choice my friend! Nebraska fans are the best in the NATION!!
Amen to all of the posts. Nebraska fans are the "Scarlet and Cream" of the crop!! Welcome.
Beleive this. Red is thicker than water. I have recently started work at an IT company in KC, MO and within a few days my dircle of friends has grown considerably. Membership in this informal group is being a husker fan. And we do love to talk about our sports. Remember no matter where you go in the world, if you find another Husker fan, you have found a friend and are involved in a shared experience.

Tod
I was born and raised in Omaha and have been in the Husker family for 43 years come this Sunday. I am here to tell ya there is no better family to be apart of than the Husker Family, WELCOME!
I know a lot about being in enemy territory.....I grew up in Nebraska, but once my family moved to Colorado I was treated so terribly! One of my teachers who went to CU actually had the class chant go buffs until I took off my Husker sweatshirt. I found some great Husker fans there though who made it easier. I go to Notre Dame now and you'd be surprised at how many Husker fans there are! I'm in a facebook group called "Domers for Huskers". haha so as i'm sure you'll find out, there will be a lot of support no matter where you are. Husker fans are the best! =]
Thank you t all who sent a comment. You just confirmed to me what
Hey new Husker fan here, thanks to all who replied it helped alot in knowing I made the right choice in big red. It just confirmed to me what I already knew that Husker fans are the best. My Husker friends here in Iowa and now abroad have been so nice and welcoming that with in one day of my decision I had an off to go to the Husker Cyclone game in Ames Iowa along with cheesecake and if you had this cheesecake you would understand. So thanks to all and go Huskers.
New Husker Fan,

I moved to Minnesota few years back. You would think I moved to a differnt country. I can't even get the Huskers on the radio. People just don't understand unless they've lived in Nebraska. It's a passion not a sport. Them boys in Iowa don't really understand either.
You are obviously our recruit. I will feed you well. BTW: WE WON AGAIN!!!!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service