Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Having now had two full days to reflect on the Husker's near total collapse, things are clear now that maybe wasn't so clear over the summer. The VA Tech game was a warning. The Big XII is probably the stongest of the BCS conferences this year. Now that the unrealistic expectations have been property disposed of, it remains to be seen how the rest of the season will unfold. I don't see NU surviving the Sooner game, but hopefully they can keep it close.

Up next is Texas Tech. While unlikely, NU can actually win this game. Getting out of Memorial Stadium is, for once, going to be a plus. Nobody likes to return to the murder scene after only a week, and Texas truly is a really awesome place to be. I watched the KSU-Texas Tech game. Not to disparage Tech at all, but they didn't so much win it as KSU simply lost it. Graham Harrell has a golden arm and a lot of Texas-sized receivers, but otherwise they seem pretty average. Yet somehow Texas Tech manages to have the highest scoring offense in the NCAA. That is an obvious danger to NU, the secondary of which was recently treated like burnt toast.

With all that said, here's the final thought; I firmly believe that Bo Pelini is the right guy for Nebraska. But he is going to need more time than maybe previously realized. We will need a great deal of patience over the next two to three years. Already I am reading rumblings about Watson and Cotton, most of which is undeserved. In the end, contrary to what Shatel thinks, NU will ultimately regain dominance. Oklahoma did it, and Norman OK is not exactly a tropical paradise.

This game could be a source of great, uplifting joy. Or, like the Missouri game, it could require a great deal of emotional anesthetic in the form of frigid high quality lager. I am hoping our guys still have within them the makings of an upset....but the lager is on standby...just in case.

NU 38 - Texas Tech 35

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, okay. 38-35 is probably a bit optimistic, perhaps even wishful thinking. But I am nothing without a PMA.
What's the song say about Lubbock in your rear view mirror? I'm just glad it's not Halloween for this game. I haven't read anything about Watson or Cotton yet but was honestly thinking it myself. Better learn to tackle quick!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service