Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

1st off, thank you huskers.com for the free radio coverage!  ABC suck it.

Our D line is still getting blown up a bit, and the injuries at linebacker are hurting us.  We're having trouble filling in the gaps and we're giving up more yards against the run than I'd like.  That said, our 2ndary is really kicking ass, and T-Magic... I want to adopt you.

Still some things to clean up, but all in all once the game settled down, we owned it.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Photobucket
justin.tv is how you watch the games by the way
He was eating crow late Saturday night and said the Nebraska should be ranked #3.
what is justin.tv?
Great effort today - the game was not as close as the score showed. UW had 1 legitimate TD drive. Cody Green coughing the ball up at the 6 virtually gave them a freebie (Westlake Middle School would have scored from the six, so no big deal). The lapse in concentration by Prince that left Jermaine Kearse wide open for a TD (IMO the only real action he seen 2 catches 51 yds) - good job secondary. I really like the play calling and passing NU did the first two series and then once they realized that U-Dub couldn't stop the run they just rammed it down their throats the rest of the game. Shawn Watson gets an A+ for this game.

Going back to Cody Green - I'm not going to pile on him. Yes the fumble really hurt, but I think he really took it to heart on the sidelines and will bounce back. T-Magic through that INT last week while falling backwards instead of taking the sack and going to 2nd down, so that was a mistake on his part. Either way I think Green needs to play as he more closely matches our offense than Zac Lee does and needs to be ready in case Martinez gets hurt, etc.
Oh and as for ABC - you can kiss my Grits. Thank god for the radio coverage on 1600 AM in Colorado, which broadcasts Husker games weekly thanks to the efforts of Coloradans 4 Nebraska.
In Iowa we were able to watch the whole game on ABC. As far as Green fumbling goes: BALL PROTECTION!!! LEARN IT. KNOW IT. LIVE IT.
Used to listen to 1600 when I was in Denver, but can't get it up here in Salida. Where you at Dogham?
Agreed on Kinnie. Funny how I ripped on him a few times last season (he had several drops), but he's stepped up his game this year. It's still hard to judge who the best receiver is considering we have not had to pass much, which is a very, very good problem to have!
Pocket presence will be hard to judge. Our O line is designed to start out with wide gaps for our backs to blow through, and allow some of the opposing D to come through. When they start coming through Taylor can scramble, hand off if the back is in the right gap to do damage, or do a quick pass. It isn't really set for a lot of time in the pocket. I agree though that running QB's have a tendency to scramble before they need to, but damn if that boy can't move!
I thought it was a great game, other than the miscues by Green. I just don't think he'll be able to handle the #2 spot. He was supposed to be getting reps in a game situation, but now 3 series that he's been in have ended with him coughing up the ball.

Martinez is an animal. He's having fun and being productive enough to keep us rolling for awhile! Rex and Roy can run through the gaps in the line as well as around the end, so I think our ground game is in good hands. Passing is still weak, but that will improve as the season goes.

I don't like the D line play right now. Every team that we've played has been able to run up the gut. When we get into the Big 12 part of the schedule, that needs to be fixed. Every team that we play will be exploiting that weakness if they get the chance. Our Secondary can handle the passing game, but the LB's and D-line have to step it up a bit.
Nice win. Texas and OU were not impressive. There are those who feel that the Horns may have their worst team in a decade while we have our best since 2001.

10/16 should be interesting. Their defense is playing well.

Great win vs. UW; but they are hardly the class of the Pac10.

How many millions did this game cost Foot Locker?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service