Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

What happened to Hawkens speech on "10 wins no excuses" Chime in

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did Hawkins mean 10 wins for HIS team or was he speaking of gifts for their opponents? It does my heart good to see the mighty Tatonkas (Ref: Dances with Wolves) get the fecal accumulation beaten out of them. Colorado has the worst fans (im sure that there ARE exceptions) in the country. I dont know why Colorado lost to the mighty CSU Rams, or why they were behind to the invincable Toledo Rockets 30 to 3, BUT! I dont care either. I wonder if Danny has picked out a box for his office stuff yet? CU should change their mascot to a big straw. Cause they suck.
I thought it was a good game, I cant recall enjoying a game like this since KU beat MU in the dotted line Cat fight... uh I meant Border War!
Here in Colorado they are starting to call for his head, but the word is the School can't afford his buy-out. I almost feel bad for them having their own Callahan, but then I remember they are CU and have no class, and I stop caring!

I also got an email from CU athletics they are offering 4 tickets for $40... hahahahahaha After this loss, they will be free!
Thare is a difference....Callahan had never won anywhere.

Is this "Hate CU" stuff still the aftermath of the 62-36 Thanksgiving Massacre of 2001? The day the Huskers (as we'd come to know them) died!
This is a reaction to actually living amidst the "LOYAL" fans of C.U. football for 15 years. Nobody admits to being a fan until they win a big game. Then suddenly EVERYONE in Colorado LLLOVES the buffs! It comes from having your vehicle vandalized after the buffs get hammered because you have a Nebraska license plate. Like I said, there are exceptions. BUT! For the most part, C.U. fans are classless. Hmmm. What student section had to be cleared out DURING the game because they were hurling trash on the feild? Oh yeah! BOULDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dislike for CU has to do with the fair-weather nature of CU fans. Kartune is right, when they loose you can't find a fan any where. 4 tickets for $40?! Come on that never happened to Nebraska, even in our Callahan slump. I certainly don't "hate" them for one game. Yes, it was a big eye opening loss, but it was only one game. The following year a great hire at Defensive Coordinator showed things were looking up. Do I think Frankie was the right fit for head coach? No. However, if there was a death of Husker football as we knew it, it was due to Steve and his hire of Callahan. Good news is the program had a solid foundation for Bo to rebuild on.

As far as Callahan not winning somewhere else, CO radio personalities are thinking it was Hawkins staff that stayed behind, since they are still doing well, and he isn't. I personally don't think that's true, but it's hard to argue with them right now.

I'm not going to defend Callahan, but by saying it is similar refers to going through a rough patch where coaching is directly hurting the program. Something we can certainly relate to.
Amen bruthuh.
Great now the rumors are swirling such as Hawkins will not finish the season and I dont know where this came from but Watson is the lead favorite.
man, it would be hard to turn down a head coaching job, especially in the Big 12.... but Colorado. I'd Pass.
Hawkins won at BSU after Dirk left and Peterson has made it pretty evident where the brains were...

My hatred of CU goes back to the Big 8 days and many many example stinky Buffalo's Erik B, Kordell, Darian Hagan, Ben (I am a world class printer and cant catch Dan Alexander) Kelly etc etc etc...
Love all of the Colorado loses but Oklahoma lost to BYU, then K-state losing to La-Lafayette, Missouri only beats Bowling Green by a touchdown, Okie state loses to Houston... it's like the Big 12 is getting beat up by the girls next door, no offense to the girls next door, maybe I should have said getting beat up by little Bobby Hill. We had better be undefeated in the North division and now I have hope of winning more of the tough games.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service