Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

The Trashman has taken a well deserved leave of absence this week.  Rumors are he is in Las Vegas gambling, getting married, taking in all of the 99 cent breakfasts,  or simply running from the law...or possibly a combination of any of the aforementioned.  So I am posting this week's prediction thread until he comes back next week, with or without both kidneys.

    The home field advantage is being ignored by the sports betting pros who have Whisky opening as a 2 touchdown favorite this week who are partaking of Memorial Stadium's 374th consecutive sellout streak.  Can the Huskers pull out an upset?  The trashman sez possibly so...albeit only by a slim 13% chance.  So in other words...there is a 87 % chance the Big Red will lose this game.  How can that be?  Oh the drudgery of it all....

     Robo sez he will keep the paper bag over his head this week with an early prediction of Whisky 56, NU 13.

     Sadly, Robo may be on track with his forecast of a Husker loss.

     I tend to agree...although I think we will beat the spread.   Just like Charlie may be time to shout out the old tired and worn battle cry,  'JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

     My prediction:       

     Dear Old Nebraska U      -     21

   Stinking Ground Rodents  -     31

    *Cmon you brave prognosticators!  Post your predictions!  Who will win the coveted Imaginary Traveling Trophy for the week?

    Go Big Red!



Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry! I’ve been detained! And losing while at it. 

However....I did bet a whopping $30 on Nebrasketball. And who woulda thunk it? They covered easily! Yay Fred!

Unfortunately I do not feel confident in NU vs WI. AT ALL. Currently the line sits at WI by 14.5. I suppose we could score late to keep this looking sorta close? But gosh, this just feels like another 2 weeks to find reasons why it will be a different outcome. I know the coaches are trying every motivational tactic available. Are there any buttons left to push? The prophet says “outlook not so good”.

WI 38

NU 20

Wisconsin makes it look to easy.

as they cruse huskers.  

Wiscy 38

Husked 12


It's time for Nebraska's annual how the hell did they win it game. In a game that shocks all the college football Nebraska actually shows up to play 4 quarters and wins by a cat's whisker 38 to 36

Sad to say but we must face the facts-

WU 56

NU 13

Some how I dread this game.. reminds me of games at the end of Riley regime ... we come into Memorial wounded, is WanDale able to play, AM isnt 100%, JD ?, DD on D, and on and on, .. well Evansville beat the #1 mens BB team this week,   4% chance to win for them.

Pesky Badgers.. just too much  42

on to the next game NU- 10 

Congratulations to the Trashman for the closest prediction.  He nearly nailed it with his 38-20 prediction, when the actual score was 37-21.  Nice job, Trashman!  He wins the coveted imaginary traveling trophy for the week. 

Reply to Discussion


Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?


Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service