Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

I have been a Nebraska fan for almost 50 years. In those 50 years on a avearage without a doubt this is the most respected football program. however events recently is an area of concern

The shooting in Arizona combined with the situation that big twelve officials wouldn't come to lincoln because fear of safety for their officials is a tremenderous concern how this may effect the national picture of the Nebraska football program. I would urge everyone to perhap tone down there threats or insult. I recall a few months ago , I believe, there was suggestion that members of this site donate so bo can cuss and use the f word on the sidelines, their was talk of a petition being pasted around to do this and that concerning the big twelve and the officials. In reality, the answer is to recuit harder, pratice harder and to become a better football team. In all honesty I really think bo needs to realize the needs to continue his passion for the game but perhap clam down a little then he was in the Texas A m game. Nebraska entered the texas a m game with a outside long long shot of a national championship and a 9 and 1 record. When bo yelled at taylor on the sidelines I believe nebraska may had been ahead. This probably wasn't a huge factor. However since the situation has occured this great football program has lost 3 of 4 games. The bowl game saw a lost to a team they and beaten by almost 40 points earlier. In regard by the horrible attack when i stated if bo is the worst football coach or the greatness football coach in america Tom osborne should had let him pick the staff he wanted. Jason who at time i think show signs of  perhap someone big twelve officials was talking about  made a silly attack because I called Bo the worst football coach in america (read my post it was a figure of speech to stress a point) . I could had said the oldest or the youngest, the most calm or the most rude coach  given the chanceto pick his staff he wanted.. I have followed this program for almost 50 years I think it is a must we get back to basic midwest value of hard work and respect your friends , your neighbors, your opponets on the football field.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well put, Yes the Huskers program is a bit in shambles, This seaon started out good the first half, but the Huskers fell apart in the 2nd half. I don't think pelini is the right coach for the Huskers cause he is to defensive minded, and he does yell at his players too much during games, I have made the argument that is not good coaching, if you want to chew some players out do professionally and after the game, during practice, or at halftime not during the game. The moment Pelini has taken over I have noticed the defense is on the field more than the offense. I don't just want to watch defense, I want to see some dominating offense form the Huskers, but they just can't find it.
Well put Tony Huska and Mike.

Just remember bo is in only his 4th year as a head coach, just imagine being hired as a first time head coach and trying too bring back one of the most storied programs of all time,no easy task thats why Dr. tom is in place too help groom and teach pelini.

and as for ( a bit in shambles)  thats a strech 10-4 is not 5-7 is. but i agree he should have let him pick his own staff,

i seem too remember with solich and callahan there wasn't much fire and passion with those guys.

As far as pelini losing his cool  understnadable, this staff the kids the fans where under alot of pressure from the road games from opposing fans being the last year in the league thats gotta be tough on anyone.

Tom please tell me you're actually Tony Huska (aka van) and you write these just to mess with Jason and me.  That would help me sleep at night.

Do you read your posts before you send them?  You really need to check them before you do.  It would help your arguments by allowing readers to follow them more clearly.  Your typos and run on sentences make your posts very hard to follow.  I know you're going to feel this is a personal attack, but I'm just being honest here.  Examples:

"I would urge everyone to perhap tone down there threats or insult."  (Perhaps)

"I recall a few months ago , I believe, there was suggestion that members of this site donate so bo can cuss and use the f word on the sidelines, their was talk of a petition being pasted around to do this and that concerning the big twelve and the officials."

(was a suggestion) (Bo, it's his name give him the respect he deserves and capitalize it)(passed around)

"In reality, the answer is to recuit harder" (recruit harder)

I could go on, but you get the idea.  Try slowing down, and reread your posts before sending them.  

I could go on, but you get the idea.  Try slowing down, and reread your posts before sending them.

Daemon - You're acting like a "Tony Huska" hater.   Wonder how he came up with the name Van Brownson?

First off Matt, or should I say "van brownson" or "Tom Jones" or "tonyhuska", if Jason wants someone banned he can do it himself.  He's a mod.  Next, creating accounts to agree with yourself is just sad.  Pick a screen name and stick with it.  I'll be deleting your extra accounts.
Tom please tell me you're actually Tony Huska (aka van) and you write these just to mess with Jason and me. That would help me sleep at night. 
That's funny!
 I don't think that Jason sleeps at night with the dog licking his balls!
Whatever happened to Nate?
He still runs things behind the scenes.  He moved out of Lincoln and started a business, and got married I think.  If you send him a message on here he's pretty quick to respond.
lol what?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service