Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Just thought I would share with you the story, that had to be 300 word or less, that I submitted.

My Game Day Experience

My brother and I had an experience I will never forget.  For years my brother, a Marine, and I watched the Nebraska games together, over the phone. No matter where he was stationed, we would sit on the phone together and shout, cry, and exclaim, “Did you see that? Tell me you just saw that?” and just enjoy Husker football.  When he finally got out of the service, he moved near me. We talked one night how we were not true Nebraskans until we can say we have been to a home game. So with much thought and planning we picked Nebraska against Oklahoma, October 27, 2001 and never thought then, when we were doing the planning, it would be one of those monumental games in Nebraska history. When we finally got to the game, we climbed the old wooden stairs of that time and finally made out into the open air. When our eyes adjusted to the sun, our jaws dropped at the wonder of the red sea. But, the wonder of the red sea continued, for there is an unexplainable oneness that fills the stadium, as strangers become brothers and sisters as they hug one another and give high fives. When all is said and done, you leave the stadium with a feeling of pure spiritual exhilaration and a newfound realization that no other event you have ever experienced in your life even comes close in comparison. That was the only home game I was able to go to with my brother, one I will cherish forever. My brother had past three years later at the age of 37. He was truly the greatest Husker fan and I share each game since with him for I know he is seeing them through my eyes.  Go Big Red little brother!!!!

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great story. Thanks for sharing it and congratulations on having it win.
Awesome story, but the feelings you described are so accurate and have been shared by me and my family a few years back. Memorial Stadium is truly a magical place.
I am take my best friend and this is her first time. I have tried to explain to her exactly how it feels, but unless you actually experience it, you will never know. So I will have my camera ready for her first look at a "LIVE" Red Sea, can't wait!
Thanks bob4husker.
Great Job, it was Great seeing you and your story being told at the Stadium last night, Congrats!

Steve
Nothing could be better, Jason, than to be on the Husker sideline beside a Blackshirt THROW'N DA BOOONES!!!
Thanks Steve, glad you were there to see it, what a memorable nite it was for me!!
Thanks for sharing! I hope the night was magical for you. Post pictures if you have any!
Already posted pictures. My camera broke...MIFFED...so I wish I had more.

It was awesome being on the sideline watching the game. At one point they were on the scrimage line right in front of me...WAY COOL!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service