Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Not sure about the rest of you, but my blood pressure didnt need that! Why do we have so much trouble hanging onto the damn ball??? Thought for sure we were gonna give that game away. Hats off to the Clones for not giving up and making our final appearance in Ames a memorable one! One final thought: Brett Favre plays with 2 broken bones in his foot, a sore elbow, and tomorrow he'll play with 8 stitches in his chin, and Taylor cant play with an ankle sprain?? Just a thought...

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe Cody played bad at all. I blame most of the offensive futility on Coach Watson. You can only run the same 3-4 plays over and over again without the defense making adjustments to stop it. Cody is only running the plays he is given to run and considering he doesn't get that much time each week with the 1st string offense his timing isn't the same as Martinez or even Lee for that matter. I believe there was one ball that he put at the receiver's feet and another sailed on him the first drive, which was caught by the wind, but other than that he was pretty spot on with his throws. Brandon Kinnie dropped a sure first down. It's just good we aren't playing any top 10 teams because we would get smoked.
I think the wind factor was more considered for us having a stronger kicker than ISU, but i could be wrong. That's why i would have done it.
I didn't expect this game to be close in the 4th Quarter and then go to overtime. We didn't play a great game, but had it under control before the Paul turnover. I will also give the Cyclones credit, they made plays to stay in game and a give them a chance to win it. If the coaching staff didn't feel Martinez should play, I go with their judgement. Favre is playing on Sundays, he fight through the injuries. We need a healthy Martinez for our offense to be explosive. I say let let him heal. Strange how this team plays up to good teams and down to statistically and physically lesser teams. Keeps us in our seats I guess. At the end of the day a win is a win and we will take it. Bring on Kansas at home next week and let's leave the Big 12 champions.
Well, we stayed in the top 10. We're 9 in the BCS now. I didn't expect to drop though. We got jumped by LSU, Wisconsin, and Stanford. LSU I expected, they beat the media favorite Bamma, but Wisconsin and Stanford... not sure about that. Texas loosing again keeps killing us. It's one thing to loose to a good team, but when your only loss is to the joke of the Big 12... not good.
I don't blame Watson or Niles. I think that Niles bringing the ball out was dumb, not tucking it away was dumb too, but I can see what he was doing. He's a veteran player, trying to help the team. Stuff happens...

If any blame is to be placed, it is with Cody. The guy has been in the system for 2 years now and he still can't operate the offense efficiently. That either tells me that he is not the brightest bulb in the pack, or his acceptance of 3rd string has diminished his drive to succeed.

Running into the backs on just about every handoff, poor passing, not being able to run fast enough to get out of his own way. He doesn't look good on the field and he needs to be dropped to the scout team, if he is to be a part of the team.
I've hated Niles for quite some time. His goof summed him up for me. Wats actually calls good plays when he has good players.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service