Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

Well here we go again.  Another week to prognosticate….or commiserate….your choice.  Unranked Big Red (D1) takes on the 6th ranked Jackrabbits of SDSU (FCS).  Last time around (September 25, 2010), the Huskers were #6 and SDSU was unranked and winless…although that didn’t mean a thing as the Dakota boys put up a fight and made it close (17-3).  This time around they come to town with Jr. QB Austin Sumner who is expected to break all of the Jack’s throwing records, most likely this season.  In the backfield is Zach Zenner, a 2,000 yard rusher.  A potent combination, but of course it is the FCS….although that league does boast NDSU which has proven not to be anyone’s cupcake.

Vegas line currently has Nebraska as 26 ½ point favorites.  Not sure if that is overly optimistic, but I will predict a win.  Of course, most will do the same.  The question that rises to the top however is what will be the nature of that win?  Blowout with consistent play?  Mixed bag of good and bad?

Huskers:  42

Jacks: 17

Let the predictions roll in….

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NU 48- Jackalopes 42   I have been a fair-weather fan for   over 45 years. I have faithfully watched on TV and listened on the radio all this time. GO BIG RED !

Bunnies - 24

Huskers - 21

Ship is a sinking fellas, sorry to say.

If Bo loses to the Jacks he'll be cooked up like the bunny in Fatal Attraction.

That is funny as hell.......you made me LOL!   Go Big Fn Red!!!!

Huskers 27

SDST 24

huskers 42- jackrabbits 23

Because of all the negative comments and the big loss to UCLA.. This group will take it out on the Jacks... I also think the Jacks are motivated and think they can pull off an upset, based on the same things.. But over-all to much talent and pride for the big red..

Huskers 41

Jacks  23 

Trash has a normal game. NU 34 SD 16.

Karenlee, you are amazingly close.  Good one.

That was definitely a feel good win!  Like how we ended non-conference play.  Zenner is the real deal!  200 yards and 2 TDs.  So much for slowing that kid down!  He's gonna have a killer year against teams in their division.  Look out, Montana and North Dakota State!  This kid's a locomotive!

Scary how good Ohio State was without their starting QB!  Wow!  I agree with a sportswriter that said it was a 2 horse race in the Leaders but Legends is wide open race.  Inside race will be won next week with Ohio State vs.  Wisconsin winner having a virtual cake walk to Inday. 

Legends not so much.  Looks like the Legends might be going thru Northwestern.  Michigan not playing consistently.  I still think they are very good but just have to tighten up.  I wish Michigan State had more oomph on the offensive end against the Irish.  Would have been fun to stick ND with 2 BIG losses  for leaving for the Big East!   Nebraska looks like a definite player for a chance to play in Indy again!  I can't believe how well Iowa ended their nonconference games!  4 nonoffensive TDs!  2 players accounting for 2 runbacks for TDs and 2 pick 6s!  That will be an awesome game!  I can't wait to play Iowa this year!  Looks like Scheelhaase is back in his groove.  I sense a pretty exciting homecoming game.  Every B1G game looks to be a game that could go either way.  It will be a fun and challenging year!  I'm super excited for conference play! 

WOW! got that wrong! And glad I did!

Me too, Bounty Hunter,  me too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service