Husker Spot - Nebraska Football Network

Nebraska Football Fan Online Community

After Spring Ball, Sports Illustrated has the Huskers ranked #24.

What do you think? Are we at that point yet?

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey we have RB's playing linebacker, D lineman catching TD passes and lining up at fullback, and Washington tossing the rock around, it's a crazy world man... crazy.
I put in my blog that I think this team is just on the outside looking in when it comes to the top 25. Gotta see this team on the field first with Zac at QB. Is it August yet?
I think we are heading back in the right direction. Go RED
I would've like to see at least top 20, because that's where I'm sure we'll be. But a watercooler topic, nonetheless.
as long as we end in the top 25 I'll be happy. I think we're at least 2 years away from a truly Husker dominating team. We should hold our own next year, thanks to players like Suh, but the ? at QB is too much to over come.
I like all the positve talk but I think we just need to wait and see how the first 4 games go.......GO BIG RED!!
Man! How many years did we sweat where we would be in the Top TEN? 24th is afterthought territory. We ARE back and WILL finish the season in the Top 20. BOOK IT!
We are back. But we're still missing some pieces.

Attitude- it's back
Swagger- it's mostly back (it will take a completely dominate year to be 100%)
Big boys on both sides of the line- back
Coaches we can trust in- back
Top talent in every position with experience- missing piece
Fans to fill the seats- never left.

We should certainly finish top 25, but the 2010 season is where I'll be expecting GREAT things. This year I want great things, but with the QB and other areas we might only get good things with moments of greatness.

GBR
I didn't expect to many outside (of NE) opinions to have such an early confidence in us. With the ?'s at QB and other spots, I'm pleasantly suprised. I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm so early in the season, but I believe by the end of the year with maybe a bump or two along the way, we'll be a top 20 team. GO BIG RED! PLEASE!!
I would have to agree with most of the loyal follower's of the Big Red Machine, but to bad that coach Pelini didn't show a couple years ago to see what Joe Ganz could have been like with two years of experience under Pelini instead of just one. Just so that recruiting could have been a plus instead of a minus. I think that as long as we have a mobile QB we will be ok, but the Eric Crouch days are long gone in order to be in the top 25. We have a solid back field that can punish any defense with speed and power with Helu and Castille, it was nice to see the running game that we have been so imfamous for. I miss the days of student body left, right, and up the middle with stop us if you can swagger that we have had, last year we got a glimpse of that returning for the Big Red. We will be eventually ready for a top 25 ranking but now is not the time, give us til week 4-5 and see were we are then. I think that we play better ball being the underdog and humble in the Pelini era than we ever did being ranked and falling at the hands of Wake when Calihan was here. The Gator Bowl was a great example for us and the never give up attitude the the Black Shirts showed, GO BIG RED, AND IN PELINI WE TRUST

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Live Husker links

Listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct (KOZN - AM 1620) here
Listen to KNTK The ticket FM for the latest sports news.  Catch Steven Sipple Show from 6-8 AM CDT here
Click here
to see latest podcast from ESPN
Click here for the latest show!
The Bottom Line-logoOmaha World Herald THE BOTTOM LINE, click here
Fox Sports radio  click here

Looking for Husker stuff?

Members

Nebraska Cornhuskers Auction Items

nebraska husker shirts, tickets, caps

Husker Spot is a Nebraska football fan online community. Create a profile, watch videos, view pictures, blog, and discuss UN athletics.

Husker Stuff on Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by NeFan4Life.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service